Chief Executive Officer
Lauren is the Founder and CEO of TCK Training and author of Raising Up a Generation of Healthy Third Culture Kids, The Grief Tower, and Unstacking Your Grief Tower. Lauren spearheaded the methodology of Preventive TCK Care and it was with that foundation that TCK Training was established. An Adult Third Culture Kid (ATCK) who spent her teenage years living in Tanzania, East Africa, Lauren uses her personal experience as a TCK and education in Child Development to support TCKs and those who serve them. She has worked with over 1,000 parents and TCK caregivers and has trained staff from over 80 organizations. Lauren lives in Georgia with her husband and two children.
Books by Lauren
Unstacking Your Grief Tower
When we tell people that we lived abroad during our developmental years, we’re often met with awe and envy. What they don’t see are the number of losses we experienced with each move, the amount of “goodbyes” we said, or the hardships that we endured. Each of these stack up like blocks on a tower, each block influencing how we deal with the next hardship we face. This hope-filled book offers you the invitation to uncover and process the blocks on your Grief Tower. Through her own experience, Lauren Wells walks you compassionately and practically through unstacking your Grief Tower in light of your Third Culture Kid experiences.
Books by Lauren
Raising Up a Generation of Healthy Third Culture Kids:
A Practical Guide to Preventive Care
If we could ensure that our TCKs would grow up healthy and resilient, we would do it in a heartbeat. In Raising up a Generation of Healthy Third Culture Kids, Lauren Wells has gifted us with a gentle guide and a preventive health primer, unique in the field of third culture kid literature. This book is a goldmine of wisdom, organized in a practical and readable format. While we cannot know all our TCKs will go through, we can take a giant step forward by learning how to multiply the benefits of a global life and conversely pay attention to the challenges that can become stumbling blocks to healthy development. If you are working with, raising, or love third culture kids from any part of the globe, this book will give you practical ways to be proactive about the way you raise up third culture kids.
- Risk Prevention for Globally Mobile Children on International School Parent Magazine
- It's Time for Research-Based TCK Care on A Life Overseas
- Cultivating Thriving TCKs: Risks and Hope on Families In Global Transition
- Spreading African Hospitality on Among Worlds, Volume 22
- TCKs and the Grief Tower on Teach Beyond Podcast
- Adverse Childhood Experiences in TCKs on In Transit Podcast with Sundae Bean
- How to Help TCK Kids Build Resilience & Navigate their Emotions on Love your Expat Life Podcast
- The Grief Tower on The Clarity Podcast
- Preventive Care for Missionary Kids on The Innkeepers
Workshops by Lauren